Fall Flowers and Vegetable Plants in Stock!
Get ready for fall gardening with Smith Farm Supply’s fall flowers and vegetable plants. Pick up beautiful fall mums and Bonnie fall vegetable plants today.
Beautiful mums are in along with Bonnie’s plants. Collards, mustard, kale and more are in stock now. Stop by and check out all the varieties of plants and seeds we offer. The seeds can be purchased by the pound or whole bag. The mums are in all locations except Royston and they are absolutely beautiful this year.
If you are planning your fall garden and need assistance, our expert staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have. They can point you to the right plants and seeds specific to your gardening needs.
Fall Gardening Tips
- Look for plants that have healthy foliage and no roots coming out of the container
- Buy smaller less expensive plants in 4-inch nursery pots
- Be sure to check out the plant tags to find out how big they will get and how much sun and water they need
- Get bagged compost to add to the soil
- Improve soil quality by digging 10 inches breaking up clods and removing stones
- When planting be sure to leave enough room to accommodate the full-grown plant
- To prevent weeds and help retain moisture, lay 2 to 3 inches of mulch (such as fine bark) over the soil around plants
- Water plants still in their nursery containers with a hose before planting
Stop by Smith Farm Supply for your fall flowering plants and vegetable plants. We look forward to seeing you soon.